Counselors-In-Training (CITs), are former Artworks students who are too old to return as campers, but wish to participate as volunteers. At the age of 13, former students may submit an application to be a teacher's aide. A CIT's responsibilities include:
- Assisting assigned faculty member with classes.
- Running errands within the building for teachers.
- Helping with recreation by participating in the activities.
- Preparing snacks.
- Assisting a teacher with a unit (unit songs and banners, etc.).
- Help with lunch time (serve drinks, mingle with the campers).
CITs are supervised by a staff member at all times. It is expected that a CIT will have good memories of his or her days at Artworks and will maintain an attitude of wholesome fun and relaxed creativity so that the younger students can experience similar good times at summer camp. It is a position of supervised leadership. CITs get training on how to positively lead others with a focus on teamwork and team building.
Being a CIT isn't just work. They get to participate in all program and class activities. In addition, their job is to help the younger campers have as much fun as they had while they attended.
IMPORTANT CHANGES STARTING IN 2018
Only five to seven CITs will be selected for each session.
Tuition for all CITs, regardless of years experience, is $150.00 each session.
Due to the number of applications received, you may be asked to be a CIT for only one session even if you apply for two or all three. If applying for multiple sessions, it is important to indicate which session you wish to be most strongly considered. Please remember that this is an application process, and not a guaranteed registration.
Extended Hours will apply to CITs and their siblings, but the times will be different to accommodate the work schedule of the CITs:
- BeforeCare charges will be applied from 7:30am - 8:00am
- AfterCare charges will be applied from 5:00pm - 5:30pm
- CITs and their siblings will be charged the regular rate of $1.00/minute if picked up at 5:31pm or later.
Click here to apply to be a CIT!